Monday, September 8, 2008

and there was light

Maybe posting will keep me accountable to more of a writing routine.

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.”

What a quote to start with, in the "big-inning" (Gen. 3:7). I have long been fascinated with the fig imagery in the Bible, my journals could almost be a concordance for the prominence of "figs". Each time I pass a reference to figs, it's a reminder (dare I say a good-natured "taunt") to write. :-). To quote the script of one of my favorite movies, Amazing Grace, God often chooses to do his work in gentle drips, "drip....drip", rather than in storms.

Feedback is welcome. Maybe I will start by posting a link to some older things...

Looking Forward to the Past, short story, poetry combination: www.koed.hu/nation/rachael.pdf

Representative, poem: www.koed.hu/mozaik18/1/rachael.pdf

And onwards...to boldly go (...fully equipped with the most famous split infinitive in the western world...)

1 comment:

  1. I love it all, I am in-spired!

    Tell us more about the meaning of the fig-leaves, and other fig references.

    You are a gifted writer and bless me, and it isn't just because I'm your mom!

    ReplyDelete