Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Household Chores

"I was trying to talk about people, using the only tool I knew, which was the country that I knew...I discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it." -William Faulkner


hey, that clock needs a new battery...
cyclical cycles cycling cyclically
surrounding the summer sun
but night falls earlier every day
if only I knew your mind
and the words twisting behind
how much to understand
how little comprehended
the reality of thought amidst
the worlds allusions
to take to keep to
eat and sleep
...and i think my bike needs a new tire.


close the refrigerator...
the fork and the spoon
are over the moon
a direction I'd like to follow
but my shoe lace is broken
and the gravel's too sharp
to go barefoot
...and please don't forget to turn off the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment